Sunday, March 2, 2008

I know that the spades are the swords of a soldier
I know that the clubs are weapons of war
I know that diamonds mean money for this art
But that's not the shape of my heart


A recent incident got me thinking.

How much importance does an average person give to others? What is the degree of cold heartedness a person can be capable of ... towards someone entirely opposite?
Have we finally entered the ideal materialistic world ... one which has no place for hearts ruling over heads.

Forget the inflation and your desire to be financially careless; what you did when you were 18 and drunk ...and the time you wished you had never existed.
Forget your need to victory over everyone.Especially the person you are most jealous of.

Do you really want to spend the rest of your life chasing something you were always taught of as inconsequential.

And when you were 8 and had it explained to you why it felt so bad to turn against someone who trusted you,do you remember the remedy you took?
Or for that matter, did you take any at all?



P.S. I know I sound somewhat abstract.Or atleast I wanted to. I had sat down to write about something entirely different from what I have portrayed. Does it happen to you too? Really strange ...


5 scribbled up the vine:

Anonymous said...

testing if comments are getting posted.

Shruti said...

hey...this post got me thinking...i was going to post a long thing about hate and now i have second thoughts!well you are mostly true and reasonable in your questioning but you can never predict the unpredictability of the human mind...thats what makes it interesting and scary!good read(although it needs a little finishing, methinks!)

Ragini Puri said...

Hi Wyntey,

Really connected with your blog, though have given it a cursory glance over till now...would be reading the whole thing at leisure.

Keep Posting.

aNuP__ said...

its abstract, but makes you think.

Do you really want to spend the rest of your life chasing something you were always taught of as inconsequential...


some day :)...

ADITI MISHRA said...

always happens to me atleast.....guess abstract thinking does that to us ! :P Btw i love ur write-ups !!

 
template by suckmylolly.com